Howard’s Home Furnishings has donated 2 tickets to be raffled for the Sabres game in Buffalo on Thursday, Feb 1, 2018. The seats are located in section 112, row 11, seats 1&2. Raffle tickets can be purchased at the library and will be on sale until the middle of January. Tickets are 5 for $5.00. All proceeds benefit the library.
Thank you Howard’s Home Furnishings!
Are you trying to find health coverage for you or your family? Here is some information that may help.
- The enrollment period started November 1 and ends on December 15. (In prior years, the enrollment period lasted until January 31.)
- Consumers can find free enrollment help at https://localhelp.healthcare.gov.
- Consumers who know they are eligible for financial assistance can shop on the exchange at https://www.healthcare.gov. (Remember: the site will not be available during open enrollment from midnight until 12 p.m. on every Sunday except December 10.)
- Consumers’ Checkbook, a plan comparison tool that was released by the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance last year, now displays plans for 2018. It allows shoppers to compare on- and off-exchange plans using a variety of factors, including monthly premium and estimated yearly cost. The plan comparison tool is also valuable for those who do not qualify for financial assistance and could be affected by the rate increases necessitated by the Trump Administration’s decision to end payments for cost-sharing reductions.
- For more information on 2018 rates and additional resources for shopping for health insurance, visit www.insurance.pa.gov.
The library will be closed on Thursday, November 23rd, and Saturday, November 25th, for the Thanksgiving holiday. We will be open regular hours (8-3) on Friday, November 24th.
The library will be closed on Thursday, November 23rd, and Saturday, November 25th, for the Thanksgiving holiday. We will be open on Friday, November 24th.
The Annual Health Fair will take place on Saturday, November 11th, from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. at the Oswayo Valley Elementary School. This is a blood test screening for over 30 blood tests including CBC, comprehensive, coronary risk and liver function profiles. A 12-hour fast is recommended. There are optional tests available (thyroid, prostate and A1C) for an additional cost. To make an appointment visit www.colememorial.org or call 814-274-8200. Sponsored by the library and Cole Memorial.
Once again this year, the library board is selling That’s My Pan! items to raise operating funds for the library. There are pamphlets available at the library and each board member will also have a supply, but in order to see full offerings visit
http://www.thatsmypan.biz/oswayolibrary. You can place your order online and items will be shipped to the library, or you can choose to have your items shipped to a different address. The deadline for orders is Friday, Dec. 8th, OR at Candy Cane Lane on Saturday, Dec. 9th.
Candy Cane Lane Festival will take place at the Oswayo Valley Elementary School on Saturday, Dec. 9th, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Join us for your Christmas shopping, visit with Santa, food and more! Admission is $3 for adults; $2 for senior citizens, students and children. Children 5 and under are free.
Ongoing Programming: The following ongoing monthly program events are open to everyone. For more information, call the library at 814-697-6691.
- Stitch Together Knit and Crochet Group: every Thursday afternoon 1-3
- Book discussion: 2nd Thursday of the month, 10:00 a.m.
- Writer’s Guild: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 6:30 p.m.
The Oswayo Valley Historical Society is open for research every Friday afternoon 1-4.
Memorials & Donations:
- Ruth Grimes in memory of Caroline Neal
- Terry & Teresa Chisholm in memory of Erma Hyde
The following donated through the library’s fund drive:
- George Daly
- Richard & Dawn Demmon
- Cressence Nolan
- Chris & Ann Bell
- Tom & Nancy Kemp
- Danny & Angela Wood
- Richard & Liselle Esposito
- Edith Walker
- William & Theo Dickerson
- West Disposal
- Beatrice West
- Robert & Ruth Worden
- Helen Payne
- Dick & Gladys Martin
- John & Joan Bradley
- Howard’s Home Furnishings
- Carolyn Partridge
- Darling Family of Services on behalf of Sprout’s Drug Store
- Steve & Jeanne Matthews
- Dale & Carol Hoffman
- Tami & Larry Adams
- Eureka Chapter 52
- Joyce Bell
- Robert & Constance Stone
- Brian & Elizabeth Clark
- Northwest Savings Bank
Thank you for supporting your local public library!
Website: You can see what events are happening at the library and search the card catalog by visiting our website at www.ovmlibrary.org. You can also log into your account and renew books you have out or put a book on reserve.
Board of Trustees Meeting: The library board meets on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 4:00 p.m. The public is encouraged to attend.
Applications are still being accepted for vendors for Candy Cane Lane on December 9th. You can print the application and vendor information from this website or stop by the library to pick up a copy. The deadline for applications is November 16th.
The last Story Hour took place this morning. Topics covered this fall were hats, outings, toys, and the zoo.
The library and Cole Memorial will be hosting our annual Health Fair on Saturday, November 11th, from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. at the Oswayo Valley Elementary School. Screenings are available for over 30 common blood tests including CBC, comprehensive, coronary risk and liver function profiles. The cost is $45 and a 12-hour fast is recommended.
Optional tests are available such as:
- Prostrate Specific Antigen (PSA) $25
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) $15
- A1C $35
You can make an appointment online at www.colememorial.org or call 814-274-8200.
*Sponsored by Cole Memorial and the Oswayo Valley Memorial Library
POWER Library is a service to all citizens of Pennsylvania, made possible by the State Library. It is a collection of databases of library catalogs gathered together into one portal. It enables all libraries statewide to share their unique resources. It contains electronic databases, digital collections, and a 24/7 live chat service. POWER Library grants you access to information on finding a job in the state, health issues, technology journals, newspapers and more. You can access this important resource on the public computers at the library or from the comfort of your own home. To log in at home you will need to enter your barcode number, located on the back of the card.
POWER Library is a service of the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Pennsylvania Department of Education, and is hosted by HSLC.
“Ragtime Jack” Radcliffe performed at this year’s Pleasant Street Festival. The audience enjoyed his rendering of traditional country blues and ragtime while accompanying himself on the stride piano. The younger members of the audience were amazed by Jack’s abilities to entertain!